Los Cabos, on top of having hundreds of World Class Culinary Dining Options
, also features a great variety of real local and hidden secrets Food Stands
and places. No Web Site, no Marketing, no TripAdvisor
will make you find those "sweet spots" that only the local knows and appreciates so many time.
Those are the Top 10 Restaurants and stands that the Locals visit very frequently for some real soul filling Mexican Food.
1. Taqueria la Otra, translates into "the other Taco Store". Don Pedro, owner, Chef and Executive together with his entire Family are making Los Cabos best Tacos available. Located at Calle Valerio González s/n, in Front of the Conalep School, 23400 San José del Cabo, B.C.S. The entire City visits Don Pedro frequently for Breakfast and an early Lunch. He finishes serving when he is out of ingredients, that can be at 11 am or 1 pm, the earlier you go the better the chances.
2. Birria el Jaliciense, translated into Beef Stew from Jalisco. This place offers the best Mexican Beef Stew available in Los Cabos, its always filled to the Top starting service at 7:30 am and finishes at around 4 pm. Located at Calle panga, corner pescadores 23443, Mauricio Castro, 23443 San José del Cabo, B.C.S.
3. Taqueria Rossy, if you are looking for fresh and incredible tasty Seafood and Tacos taqueria Rossy is your place to go. Locals meet very frequently in that Taco Store. Opens from 10:00 am until 5 pm. Located at Carretera Transpeninsular Km 33 S/N, Mauricio Castro, 23443 San José del Cabo, B.C.S.
4. Birria Don Ramon, or Beef Stew Mister Ramon serves also an incredible Mexican Beef Stew right by the Trans-peninsular Highway located at; Prolg. Zaragoza, 5 de Febrero, 23400 San José del Cabo, B.C.S., this is my Kids favorite Beef Stew place. we go there quiet often. Open every day from 9 am until 4 pm
5. Mariscos Mazatlan or Mazatlan Seafood is a very Popular place for Local Sea Food Lovers. Having a cold Corona together with some very delicious Sea Food is a must do in this Restaurant, also open for Dinner. Located at Calle Narciso Mendoza s/n, Downtown, Centro, 23450 Cabo San Lucas, B.C.S., must go!
6. Tamales por la Iglesia or Tamales by the Church, this place serves Los Cabos most popular and delicious Tamales in town. The long lines in the afternoon and evening hours show you HOW good those tamales are. Located just in front of the San Jose Mission a must go combined with an evening at the Local Mexican Plaza.
7. Mariscos el Toro Guero or Seafood White Bull is also a very popular Mexican Seafood Restaurant that locals visit many times. This place is famous for their "Ceviche". Located at: Calle Ildefonso Green sn, Centro, 23400 San José del Cabo, B.C.S. Go and feast on Seafood like never before.
8. Posada Terranova Hotel, this is a small local Hotel that serves incredibly great food and locals go there also very often. Great Breakfast and Service. Located in downtown San Jose at; Santos Degollado 13, Centro, 23400 San José del Cabo, B.C.S.
9. El Kiosko is the place with the most Popular "Tortas" Sandwiches in Cabo. The "Cuban" Sandwich is a must do. Bring a good appetite for that Sandwich. Located at the San Jose del Cabo Hotel Zone.
10. Burritos el Chostomo, or Donkey Burro. This is a local Burro place with a huge variety of Burros. A must do for Local Food Lovers. Located at; Boulevard Mauricio Castro 4650 Plaza Commercial Mexicana, Zona Hotelera, 23400 San José del Cabo, B.C.S. or simply ask for the Mega Store, its in that Plaza.
Enjoy the local foods and explore the real Mexico. accompanying your food with a tequila is expected at most places. Your local taxi Driver or even transportation provider will know each of those places by name, he goes to any of those very often. You can use the location if you drive by yourself through Google Maps.
While you are here in Paradise, please visit our Web Site
for Tours and Activities in Cabo, we would be delighted to host your Adventures.